Buddha Groove’s Guru Series brings insight from experts across the fields of mindfulness, natural wellness, yoga, and meditation. Below we have wisdom from Certified Dream Interpreter, Astrologer and Holistic Healer, Melissa De Los Santos.
Have you ever woken from an emotionally charged dream so intense that you wake up crying, angry or any other unpleasant emotion? If you have, what did you do after? Most will just brush it off and maybe share the dream with a friend or partner then move on with their day not knowing that these dreams are trying to give you some important information about events that are affecting you enough to bring these dreams up in the first place.
Each night we have this amazing tool at our disposal to connect with our unconscious mind through these dream symbols. When we find what these unique symbols mean to us we are then able to interpret our dreams and have clear understanding about our deepest thoughts, desires and wounds. After you open up this dialogue with the unconscious you are then able to work through a process I call Dream Healing.
Dream Healing is a step past Dream Interpretation, it’s what you do after you find the hidden message from your dreams. Once you know what suppressed emotions or ignored desires need to be worked on you can then find the best suited practice, tool or technique to help you move forward and heal. As you keep a consistent dream work practice eventually your dreams may shift and each dream you have you’ll wake up knowing exactly what you need to do to be in alignment with your mind, body and spirit.
If you struggle remembering your dreams that is ok. You can also benefit from these practices by noticing what emotions, feelings and thoughts arise as soon as you wake up.
Dream Healing Techniques
Here are a few different dream healing techniques and tools you can use for different emotions that may arise in dreams.
- Breathing Techniques such as left nostril breathing if you wake up feeling stressed.
- Repeating affirmations or mantras if you are dealing with negative thoughts. Acknowledge the thought without any judgment then replace it with a positive affirmation.
- EFT Tapping which is a type of acupressure that uses tapping with repeated statements that acknowledge and accept both physical and emotional issues.
- Yoga practice to connect physical practice with the breath. This helps relax the mind and remove stagnant energy from the body.
- Meditation to quiet the mind chatter.
- Visualization, our mind doesn’t know the difference between what’s real and what’s not so with visualization you can create a pleasant scenario and outcome to an event that has you worried or scared. This will calm you and remove the negative thoughts that may come up when we are fearful.
All of these can be customized based on your needs and the type of dream healing you are working on.
If you don’t have time to do an elaborate practice, some of my favorite “on-the-go” tools to keep with me are crystals and oils. You can use a crystal that matches the properties of an essential oil and pair them together during meditation or just take it with you to carry on with your day while still benefiting from their properties.
Crystals & Essential Oils for Dream Healing
Crystal & essential oil recommendations for different emotions that may come up in your dreams:
If you’re feeling anger, use:
Essential Oils: Geranium, Ylang Ylang
Crystals: Amethyst, Snowflake Obsidian
If you’re feeling stress, use:
Essential Oils: Siberian Fir, Patchouli
Crystals: Aventurine, Calcite
If you’re feeling self-love, use:
Essential Oils: Bergamot, Rose
Crystals: Ajoite, Okenite
If you’re feeling sadness, use:
Essential Oils: Orange, Grapefruit
Crystals: Carnelian, Sapphire
If you’re feeling fear, use:
Essential Oils: Lavender, Juniper Berry
Crystals: Jet, Prehnite
What dream healing technique will you try?